|The conference will take place in:
- Residencia d'investigadors
- c/ Hospital, 64
- 08001 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
- Here you will find a map where the blue dot corresponds to the conference place.
- There are direct flights to Barcelona from every major city in Europe. Direct flights from some American cities are also available. Another possibility when coming from outside Europe is to fly through one major European hub (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Paris).
- From Barcelona airport, you can reach downtown Barcelona by taxi, by bus or by train (one departure every 30 min., get off at Barcelona Placa Catalunya). The airport is about 12 km. away from the city, so rides are not expensive.
|Accommodation and tourist information:
- Barcelona is a quite expensive city as far as accommodation is concerned. It is therefore wise to choose your hotel in the three or four star category. Five star hotels are very expensive, and downtown hotels below three starts maybe not so good. Here you can find some information about hotels around the conference site.
- Plenty of maps, tourist information and facilities for hotel booking can be found here.
- Some information in Japanese from the General Consulate of Japan in Barcelona can be found here (some tourist information is also available).
- A few (single and double) rooms are available at the conference site (Residencia d'investigadors; c/ Hospital, 64; Barcelona). Tentative prices per night (not-weekend/weekend) at the residence are as follows: Single room 56.00 / 42.00 euros; Double room 78.00 / 59.00 euros.
For reservations e-mail "firstname.lastname@example.org" with reference "Event: MDAI 2004" and "Reservation number: 5.421". Include credit-card information (card holder, number and expiration date), check-in and chek-out dates, as well as room type (single/double).
e-mail: email@example.com |