|The conference will take place in:
- Airport-Tsukuba: You can reach Tsukuba (Tsukuba Center) directly from New Tokyo International (Narita) Airport with the NATTS bus bound for Tsuchiura Station getting off at Tsukuba Center bus terminal (see here for fares and schedules). It takes about 1.40 minutes. (Japanese page here). Tsukuba is about 40 km northwest of Narita Airport. Tickets should be bought at the Airport terminal (Keisei counter).
- Tokyo/Tsukuba: Tsukuba (Tsukuba Center) is about 60 km northeast of Tokyo.
- The Tsukuba Express connects Akihabara station (in Tokyo) with Tsukuba Center (last stop). The trips takes either 45 minuts (rapid train) or 52 minutes, and there are about 4 trains every hour. In working days: from Tsukuba to Akihabara, first train at 5:07 and last one at 23:14 (schedule in Japanese here); from Akihabara to Tsukuba, first train at 5:30 and last one at 23:30 (schedule in Japanese here). In holidays: from Tsukuba to Akihabara and Akihabara to Tsukuba
- There are regular buses from Tokyo (JR Tokyo Station, Yaesu-Minami exit). English information can be found here, Japanese information here). An alternative bus line (Tsukubasan-Tokyo) that crosses Tsukuba but that does not stop at Tsukuba center can be found here.
- Japan Railway: For schedules and reservations for the Japan Railway Company use http://www.jr-odekake.net (in Japanese).
- For more details, see also the page on accessing Tsukuba University:
- Access to the University of Tsukuba (U. of Tsukuba web page)
|Accommodation and tourist information:
- Hotel reservations are to be made with the hotels. The hotels below are recommended:
Their English web page is here,
for reservations click here
- Okura Frontier Hotel Tsukuba
- Okura Frontier Hotel Tsukuba Epochal.
Okura Frontier Hotel Tsukuba is at 2 minutes walk from Tsukuba Center bus station.
Okura Frontier Hotel Tsukuba Epochal is at 10 minutes walk from Tsukuba Center bus station.
(see here for a map).
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |