|The conference will take place in:
- The Technical School of Engineering (Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona). Av. Països Catalans 26, E-43007 Tarragona.
- Getting to Tarragona:
Information is given below (see "Travel", Direct bus connection from Barcelona airport (90 km. away) are available). Reus airport (8 km. away) is a smaller airport with several low-cost connections to other areas in Europe.
- Maps of Tarragona and the area of the School of Engineering. From Plaça Imperial Tarraco in downtown Tarragona, you can reach the School of Engineering by boarding northbound any of the following bus lines: no. 4, 14, 24 or 54, or by Taxi (around 8 euros, from the hotel to the conference venue)
(more detailed information on how to get the conference site from downtown Tarragona can be found here)
- Tarragona is a Catalan city that was founded in 218 BC by the Roman conqueror Gneu Scipio, and soon became the capital of the Roman province of Hispania Citerior (later called Tarraconense), covering most of the Iberian peninsula. The Roman emperor Cesar Augustus lived in the city from year 27 BC to 24 BC. Several monuments and buildings, as well as the ancient walls of the city, still remain from Roman times. The city has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage. Besides, Tarragona enjoys a central position in Costa Daurada, a turistic region with beaches and other facilities (the Port Aventura theme park).
- Tarragona is located 10 km away from Reus. Reus is a comercial city, with several remarkable buildings from the Art Nouveau period (early 20th century). It is the birth town of Antoni Gaudi.
- Tarragona is 90 km away from Barcelona. Trains connect both cities every hour.
- Pictures here
- Details on the access to Tarragona can be found here (from Barcelona Airport, Barcelona downtown or Madrid).
- Undetailed information:
- By plane to Barcelona, and then by bus from Barcelona airport to Tarragona city center: "Imperial Tarraco" square (bus from the ALSA company). Schedule: 8:00, 12:30, 17:00, 22:00. The trip takes 1 hour; Fares: one-way 11.25 Euros; two-way 20.25 euros.
Alternatively, a suburban train can be taken from Barcelona airport to Barcelona Sants station; from there, regional trains to Tarragona depart every hour (railways company RENFE here).
- By plane to Reus airport (if a connection is available with your home town) and then by bus or taxi to Tarragona (8 km. trip).
- Alternative information on how to reach the city can be found here:
How to get to Tarragona
|Accommodation and tourist information:
e-mail: email@example.com |